[mythtv-users] Small Form Factor

griz_quattro griz_quattro at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 10 00:31:17 UTC 2008

Benjamin Peikes wrote:
> Griz, do the Dell SX line fall into the bulging capacitor era?

I'm not sure. If I recall right, the SX line are the small form factor?
If so, they were the first to go. Video and boot problems followed by
never booting. We had GX260, GX270, and GX280's. The smaller the case
the faster symptoms occurred. Dell wasn't very helpful until more large
organizations became vocal about same problems. I had forgotten about
this episode until a friend bought a GX270 that had a Dell replaced
GX260 board/BIOS in it.

Jeremy Warren wrote:
> But if you do happen to get one with bad caps its worth the call to
> Dell, the warranty on the bad ones has un-officially been extended and
> they will probably ship a replacement system board.
>
> This is coming from someone that has replaced probably 100 of these
> boards over the last 3 years :)

This is good to know. Jeremy, when was the last one repaired/replaced
that you know of?