[mythtv-users] Logitech universal remotes

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 02:35:04 UTC 2008

Sam Logen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering what people's experiences are with the
> Logitech universal remotes.  I've seen some at
> reasonable prices on ebay, and I was curious if people
> could get them to run mythtv properly.  Can they be
> programmed to be picked up by ir sensors connected to
> tv cards, like the Dvico line of cards?
>
> I'm especially thinking of the Logitech Harmony 1000,
> which I'd like to get as a gift for someone.  I set up
> a mythtv system for them, and they've now got over
> five remotes.
>
> Sam

I have a Logitech Harmony 550 and love it.  I have my Comcast Motorola
DCT3412, Samsung 46" DLP HDTV, Panasonic DVD recorder, Onkyo receiver,
and Myth box all programmed into it.  My Myth setup has lirc setup to
emulate a Hauppage 350 (I'm pretty sure it's a 350) and is listening on
an IR receiver that I got from irblaster.info for $20.

I think it works really well.  Can't speak for any other universal
remotes, since this is my first one and first Logitech one, but I'm
impressed so far.

Hope that helps!
Harry