[mythtv-users] QAM Decrypt?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Mar 2 19:53:14 UTC 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> And, as with so many other things, all it does is make a larger group
> of otherwise law-abiding people spurn the law since suppliers will not
> give them what they want, even if they're willing to pay for it.

The feeling on the part of the MPAA and associates that "all Linux
users are a bunch of pirates" seems to me to be self-fulfilling. First
they refuse to sell their product legally at any price, then use the
fact that nobody buys it as "proof" of piratical intent.

> In the long run, it subverts the Rule Of Law and will eventually lead
> to the Second American Revolution.

Not sure I'd go that far. One must pick which ditch you are wiling to
die in, and I don't think I would be willing to take up arms in order
to watch a crappy movie.

beww