[mythtv-users] Remote Remote GH

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 02:51:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com
> wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2008, at 7:37 PM, Josh White wrote:
>
> > Has anyone successfully worked with the RR GH app for the iPhone
> > (the version from the apple iPhone app store)?  It claims to be a
> > mythtv remote control application for the iPhone, but I can't seem
> > to get my phone to connect to my frontend.  In the included
> > documentation, it reccommends connecting via telnet to the frontend,
> > but that has also proven to be a problem.  I'm running a fully
> > updated copy of mythbuntu 8.04 on the frontend I'm trying to work
> > with.
>
> I was going to download it and try it but I don't see anything in he
> App Store called RR GH. What's the full name of it?
>
> "also proven to be a problem" doesn't give me much to go on to help
> you get it working. I don't know what you've tried, what the results
> were when you tried to telnet into your frontend machine, etc.
> I think in mythbuntu the frontend telnet interface is disabled. Have
> you even enabled it?

I actually found accidentally when I entered the search string "navigation"
but if you do a search for "mythtv" it should be the only hit.

when I try to connect to the frontend with the iPhone app, it says
"connection dropped" and when I try to telnet from a terminal window on
another machine on my network, it says "connection refused."  I installed
"telnetd" on the machine, and restarted it, but I have done nothing else to
"enable" telent.  I can't say that I have much experience with telnet, so if
you have any pointers here, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

 Josh