[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Card

Daniel Smith ralyon at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 20 16:16:08 UTC 2008

Sorry to chime in so late, but while I was looking for a solution to a
different problem I believe I see where your error is.

Tom Haddon wrote:
 > I've configured it as an MPEG-2 encoder *card*, and in the "Probed Info"
 > section it's showing "*Pinnacle* *PCTV* HD800i [cx8800]". I've then
setup
 > Schedules Direct as a Video Source, and under "Input Connections" I've
 > defined "[MPEG: /dev/video0] (Television) -> Schedules Direct".....

Here you have set the card to use the analog tuner and not the ATSC
tuner for the HD. This needs to be set up as a dvb tuner
(/dev/dvb/adapter#).

 > Ok, so I am able to watch TV in mplayer if I use the channels.conf I've
 > created and run "mplayer dvb://", however, I still can't watch TV in
 > MythTV....

Looks like the card is working here, but notice that your using dvb
which access /dev/dvb/adapter0 where as the ivtv driver is looking at
/dev/video0. I hope this isn't to late.

ralyon