[mythtv-users] Desktop partly off-screen problem

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:42:19 UTC 2008

Hey there,

I recently picked up a 720p television (upgrade from my dead CRT) and
hooked it up to my mythbuntu.  Mostly working - but for a nagging
problem; the desktop is slightly offscreen up and to the left.  Thus
far, I've dealt with this by applying an X offset of 34 pixels and a Y
offset of 15 pixels in the screen settings.  This positions the myth
window at the upper left corner, but it also leaves some of the screen
(bottom and to the right) unused.

Can anyone recommend some way that I can somehow reposition the
desktop itself, rather than the myth window?

I've connected the PC to the TV using a VGA cable.  The TV is an LG
32LG30 32".  I'm using a 1360x768 modeline generated with "gtf" (I
didn't feel great about the 1366x768 modeline it generated).  I've
confirmed in the TV manual that 1360x768 is a supported resolution
through the RGB input (horiz freq 47.72 KHz, vert freq 59.799 Hz).
It's an nvidia card, and I used "envy" to get the latest drivers.

Googling has not yielded much.  I've attached my xorg.conf and my xorg
log file in case it can shed any further light.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine