[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Eric (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Tue Jan 29 02:08:13 UTC 2008

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Not an issue for me because I don't use my mythbox to change any
> volumes.  I adjust the volume on the receiver.  If I had to guess
> though, I am betting your config file on your last installation had a
> remote keys bound to the commands to increase and decrease the volume
> in mplayer.  You should try tweaking that file (~/.mythtv/lircrc).  I
> do not know what the command is for increasing and decreasing the
> volume in mplayer, but once you figure that out, use this model stanze
> for mute in mplayer, and adjust accordingly (MUTE to whatever your
> lircd.conf file names your volume up and down keys and mute to
> whatever mplayer expects you to enter):
>
> begin
> prog = mplayer
> button = MUTE
> repeat = 4
> config = mute
> end

Gabe:

I did as you suggested, and tried it with the sample mute commands.
This is what I put in my /home/mythtv/.lircrc file:

begin
prog = mplayer
button = Volume-UP
repeat = 4
config = mute
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = Volume-DOWN
repeat = 4
config = mute
end

I rebooted, and nothing happens.  Its almost as if mplayer isnt getting
anything from lirc.  I verified that I'm using the right button names, I
double-checked my /etc/lircd.conf file, and those are the names, and I
ran "irw" and hit my volume up and volume down buttons, and I got:

0000000000001791 00 Volume-DOWN grayHauppauge
0000000000001f90 00 Volume-UP grayHauppauge

Yet mplayer still isnt muting.  So, it seems as if mplayer isnt even
getting my lirc commands at all... so perhaps its a matter of figuring
out why and how to fix that.  mplayer says it defaults to ~/.lircrc as
the default lirc file... and it is being called as the user "mythtv".

Thoughts?  Sorry for being a bother, just missing my Sirius.  I had this
working great on KnoppMyth, but I was having major issues getting my
irblaster working with KnoppMyth and it worked perfectly with MythDora,
so I decided to make the switch and give this distro a try for a little
while.  Ultimately I want to install Slackware (its my distro of choice)
and get Myth up and running on it, but thats a project for later on this
spring when I have more free time... heh. :)

Thanks!
--Eric