[mythtv-users] Sirius on Mythtv Broken - Sipie

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:38:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 2:18 PM, Eric (MythTV) <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:

> Gabe:
>
> I switched over to MythDora, and have since got my popups working.
> Except, just like you, the popups never disappear.  Well, sorta.  I get
> multiple popups.  I presume thats not the expected behavior.  I'll get a
> stack of 3 or 4 popups.  They eventually disappear, all but the bottom
> one.  So for now, Popups are turned back off. :(

same issue for me.  Don't know why this happens, and I may just
turn-off pop-ups.  If I reset the system (just a keybinding with lirc
to restart gdm), that gets rid of the pop-ups.  Not a good solution.

> With KnoppMyth I was able to get my remote control to be able to change
> the volume in mplayer, when a stream was playing... but now I cant get
> that functionality to work in MythDora.  This is a must-fix, I can deal
> without the popups, but without volume control, I cant use it.
>
> Any thoughts?  What version of Fedora were you using?

Not an issue for me because I don't use my mythbox to change any
volumes.  I adjust the volume on the receiver.  If I had to guess
though, I am betting your config file on your last installation had a
remote keys bound to the commands to increase and decrease the volume
in mplayer.  You should try tweaking that file (~/.mythtv/lircrc).  I
do not know what the command is for increasing and decreasing the
volume in mplayer, but once you figure that out, use this model stanze
for mute in mplayer, and adjust accordingly (MUTE to whatever your
lircd.conf file names your volume up and down keys and mute to
whatever mplayer expects you to enter):

begin
prog = mplayer
button = MUTE