[mythtv-users] Anyone in NY/NJ able to get WNJB-DT 58-1 OTA?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:08:19 UTC 2008

As I originally posted here:

...something appears to have changed with WNJB-DT (PBS out of New
Brunswick, NJ).  That's 58-1 (and 58-2 and 58-3 as well).  I used to
get it just fine.  Now it appears to get a lock, but doesn't ever
recognize the MPEG stream.  On the frontend I get (LA_VG) as apposed
to the (LAMVG).  The issue appears to be specific to mythtv.  i can
tune it with mplayer as well as with an old Samsung receiver I have.

It appears that the information used to tune the station in the
database is correct.  I created a channels.conf file using dvbscan,
and this is what I get for it:

WNJB-DT:183028615:8VSB:49:52:3
NJN-3:183028615:8VSB:81:84:5
NJN-4:183028615:8VSB:97:100:6

Using that file I can tune it in with mplayer no problem.  The second
field there is the frequency and the last ones (the 3, 5, and 7) are
the program ids.  Mythtv uses the serviceid from the channels table,
and the frequency on the dtv_multiplex table (as referenced by the
mplexid on the channels table).  All that matches up just fine with
the above channels.conf file.

I'm beginning to think that something about their mpeg stream is just
tripping up myth, as everything else seems fine.

I'm hoping there's an OTA DTV user of mythtv in the NJ/NY area that
can tell me whether or not they're seeing the same behavior.  Thanks!

Tom