[mythtv-users] Strange problem with local PBS SD station (OTA)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 21 19:56:10 UTC 2008

On 01/21/2008 02:17 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 2:07 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/21/2008 02:01 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>>> I'm in central NJ.  There's a DTV PBS station literally a few towns
>>> from me (WNJB-DT 58-1) that I've always been able to get in myth on my
>>> HD-5500 cards.
>>>
>>> I fairly certain they used to broadcast in one of those odd widescreen
>>> formats that's not actaully HD, but a low bitrate 1820x1080 broadcast
>>> with black bars built into the broadcast and 4x3 content.  It appears
>>> they recently switched to actual SD.
>>>
>> Did you rescan your channels?
> Yes, that didn't help.  I did specify minimal updates however...any
> reason that should be an issue?  I did see it update that channel.

First, a disclaimer:  I know almost nothing about DVB capture in Myth
(and don't really care to learn more than I need to at this point).

That being said, I would recommend shutting down Myth (frontends and
backends), doing a database backup (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 ), then doing a
complete rescan (I would probably delete all capture cards, but you
could try just rescanning first).  If all that fails, feel free to drop
your DB and restore the backup.  It's quite possible that it won't work,
but I tend to have had the best luck doing a "from scratch" rescan.
(Just please make sure you do the backup.)

Mike