[mythtv-users] Strange problem with local PBS SD station (OTA)

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:17:57 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 2:07 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/21/2008 02:01 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> > I'm in central NJ.  There's a DTV PBS station literally a few towns
> > from me (WNJB-DT 58-1) that I've always been able to get in myth on my
> > HD-5500 cards.
> >
> > I fairly certain they used to broadcast in one of those odd widescreen
> > formats that's not actaully HD, but a low bitrate 1820x1080 broadcast
> > with black bars built into the broadcast and 4x3 content.  It appears
> > they recently switched to actual SD.
>
> Did you rescan your channels?
>
> Mike

Yes, that didn't help.  I did specify minimal updates however...any
reason that should be an issue?  I did see it update that channel.

By the way, since my first email I stopped the backend and tried
grabbing some raw TS data from that channel using the getatsc program
that came with the HD-5500 and i can produce an mpeg file that plays
in mplayer, so I'm stumped as to why myth is having an issue with it.

Tom