[mythtv-users] * Please help -- can't schedule recordings (but can record with R, can view guide)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:25:39 UTC 2008

On 17/01/2008, dataclue <dataclue at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I must say that I'm very disappointed with MythTV
> becasue of these kinds of "no diagnostics" problems...
> Don't mind rebuilding, reinstalling, troubleshooting,
> but this kind of "moody" behavior is no fun. Am I
> going to have to fire up GDB to try to get this
> figured out?

2 suggestions:

1) Run with full debug logging enabled

# mythbackend -v all

and pay attention to log output, especially around the time you try to
schedule a recording, and

2) Run the optimize_mythdb.pl script to make sure there are no
problems with your database.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: