[mythtv-users] * Please help -- can't schedule recordings (but can record with R, can view guide)

dataclue dataclue at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 23:30:12 UTC 2008

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

> "Use the "Delete all video sources" button in
mythtv-setup to delete
>  all video sources and then re-create video sources
(using DataDirect),
>  input
connections, and channels (using the appropriate
> procedure, below). You
> /must/ use the "Delete all video sources" button
> rather than deleting
> individual sources or you will leave garbage in the
> database that
> prevents things from working."

Thank you for the suggestion and being one of the few
to reply. I just tried precisely this, followed by
mythfilldatabase, and unfortunately the symptoms are
still exactly the same -- it refuses to schedule a
recording ahead of time, but can record the current
program with no trouble. The program guide is there.
Absolutely no error messages, which is quite
unfortunate.

I must say that I'm very disappointed with MythTV
becasue of these kinds of "no diagnostics" problems...
Don't mind rebuilding, reinstalling, troubleshooting,
but this kind of "moody" behavior is no fun. Am I
going to have to fire up GDB to try to get this
figured out?