[mythtv-users] Recordings time/length is not correct

Ryan wyild1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 20:07:41 UTC 2008

Afternoon!

All of my recordings off of my DVB card have the recording length incorrect.
For example, a half hour show should be 30 min (duh lol) and when you press
"I" it should say the length is 30 min.  Mine do not, and they vary.
Sometimes it will say the length is 25 min, next time 27 min....there is no
set standard.  A recorded 2 hr movie showed up as being only 1hr 38 min.
The whole movie is there, but why the discrepancy?

Also i noticed, and i dont know what it means, maybe i just need an
explanation, but why does one channel record a 1hr show and it takes up
850MB, while another takes up 1GB, using same recording profiles?  I dunno
if thats an issue, or just cuz it was a shitty channel or something i
dunno!  lol still pretty new to this

Thank your for your help!

Cheers!

PS: i am not using SVN, just latest stable release.