[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM end of production?

Mathog David dmathog at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 22:54:29 UTC 2008

Ismo Tanskanen wrote:

Svideo and component are indeed disappearing from htpc
mobos. Why are you building htpc with svideo? All
modern displays can use vga, dvi or hdmi

Our current TV is not "modern" in that way - it only
has composite, component, and antenna (coax) inputs.
We won't be replacing it any time soon, so any htpc I
build has to work with it.

I'm not trying to build an htpc without vga/dvi/hdmi
capabilities, no question we will need (one of) those
sooner or later, just not yet.