[mythtv-users] What's the point of MythTV HD?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:00:51 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 6:15 PM, Richard Woelk <richardwoelk at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>  Joe,
>      I do this with my HD satellite receiver. Mythtv doesn't automatically
> detect the 16:9 content, you have to set that up in your record profile.
>  I changed my "high quality" profile to be widescreen, which is anamorphic
> widescreen,  while I left "default" as 4:3
>
>  When I record from an HD channel, I use the high-quality profile, and from
> SD, I use default.

It would be nice if you could set the 16:9 aspect flag as part of the
channel information.  That way Myth would automatically "do the right
thing" based on which channel a show was being recorded from, instead
of relying on a recording profile.  The recording profiles work well
as long as the recording rule is channel based, but breaks down when
the recording could be on any channel.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.