[mythtv-users] Encoding for Blackberry?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Feb 29 02:14:53 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 5:23 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:25:00PM -0800, JS Boyd wrote:
>> I also installed Apples Darwin Streaming server to stream them. Works
>> well over Sprint's network most of the time. Though 320x240 video is
>> really only useful for "talking head" news shows.
>
> A friend of mine got flown off to Jumbotron school in, I think,
> Chattanooga, 15 years ago, to learn how to maintain the screen at the
> old Tampa Stadium (at the time, possibly the only remaining NL stadium
> named after a municipality, rather than a company with deep pockets,
> and a silly name).

I think Tampax bought the right but haven't gotten around to putting
the "X" up, yet.

> That screen was, roughly, 25 feet diagonally, and looked *very* crisp
> from the stands, even close up.
>
> The pixel count was 240x192.
>
> I read the manual; I held a pixel module in my hand (he actually gave
> me one, but alas, it went missing in a move...)
>
> That's sub-VHS resolution, but it was *stunning* looking.

A friend of mine designs stage shows for big acts like U2 (Zooropa and
every tour after that). He claims to be the first to use blue LED's in
a large screen situation to get gigantic RGB images via LED's
happening (though I can't confirm that). I should ask him was the res
was of the first display they used.