[mythtv-users] Encoding for Blackberry?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Feb 29 01:23:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 01:25:00PM -0800, JS Boyd wrote:
> I also installed Apples Darwin Streaming server to stream them. Works
> well over Sprint's network most of the time. Though 320x240 video is
> really only useful for "talking head" news shows.

A friend of mine got flown off to Jumbotron school in, I think,
Chattanooga, 15 years ago, to learn how to maintain the screen at the
old Tampa Stadium (at the time, possibly the only remaining NL stadium
named after a municipality, rather than a company with deep pockets,
and a silly name).

That screen was, roughly, 25 feet diagonally, and looked *very* crisp
from the stands, even close up.

The pixel count was 240x192.

I read the manual; I held a pixel module in my hand (he actually gave
me one, but alas, it went missing in a move...)

That's sub-VHS resolution, but it was *stunning* looking.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)