[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 01:42:55 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Matt S. wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>>

>> I wouldn't be surprised if they get "political" pressure though.
>>

> Why?  (Rhetorical Question)
>

> Reminds me way too much about the broadcast flag FUD in 2005.
> Thankfully, that ended well.

Funny, as I was reading your post I kept thinking about the b'cast
flag, and how everything worked out OK on that (I'm tempted to say "so
far" but I won't:-))

> </soap box>
>
> Thanks!
> Matt
>
> P.S.  Brian - that statement wasn't directed at you at all... just
> seen a lot of statements like this lately.  Let's stop worrying about
> something until there's something to actually worry about.

At least some of it probably should be directed at me. I think I tend
to be far too pessimistic at times, but it comes from having worked
for the "other side" and knowing just how vindictive they can be when
somebody "scores" on them. It has nothing to do with what's right or
wrong.

> ... and, I can't wait for my HD PVR! :-D

I agree totally. I'd also like to purchase it from a vendor that is as
Linux and Myth friendly as possible. I'd also like to see some way to
ensure that Hauppauge knows I bought it for use with Linux. Perhaps
they could save some $$$ by shipping a version without Windows software.

beww