[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:34:21 UTC 2008

In light of what you've written, I think there's a possibility you
didn't see the first post in this thread where I wrote:

For those who can't wait for any little bit of info, here's a frame
dump from a HD PVR capture @ 1920x1080 and 9 Mbit-ish.

http://www.fecitfacta.com/00000001.jpg

I think it looks excellent.  I dumped this frame from the transport
stream myself, so I can vouch for it being genuine.  The container is
slightly non-standard and samples have been provided to the ffmpeg
project-- I think the future for the Hauppauge HD PVR looks bright
indeed.

Now, compare to your template:

 I was just thinking something like "A friend of mine with some contacts at
Hauppauge hooked me up. I can't get into the details of who, what, where,
when or how, but here's what I've learned: He had access to [what I know
about the hardware] and used it to to produce [description of output] from
[description of source]. I got a copy of this output and I was able to [do
whatever] with it. This is very encouraging news to the MythTV community"

I would say I gave fairly decent context, wouldn't you?  In any case,
I'm not certain what relevance the critique of my writing style has to
the thread itself, the purpose of which was to share what little info
I had recently gleaned with those who might be interested.

Robert