[mythtv-users] Tuner Unavailable

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Feb 27 16:41:50 UTC 2008

Nick,

1.  Sorry about the size of the last post.

2.  I tried to install the FE and got hung up on mythtv-setup when it
did not provide the existing video sources or capture cards over the
network from the MBE or the SBE. At that point, I shut down the FE
and rebooted the SBE and MBE and the fun started.  I have been
working with myth for 4 years, work in the computer industry, and am
a reasonably knowledgeable Fedora Linux person. Myth was running fine
before I started this and I saw no obvious errors.

3.  First I backed up mythconverg and then ran # mysqlcheck -u root
-p --repair mythconverg. Everything seems OK.

4. I have run mythtv-setup on the MBE, deleted capture cards for both
all and for just the MBE, reinstalled the MBE capture card, deleted
and redefining the video sources, and reattached the video sources to
the capture card (PVR 500) and then rebooted. I have done this
multiple times in all the different ways I can think of. No change.

5. All machines are running myth version 0.20.2-172

I believe I have done the obvious stuff which is why I am a little
frustrated and looking at more drastic steps of preserving state and
doing a reinstall.  Anything I missed?

-- Mache