[mythtv-users] Tuner Unavailable

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:08:12 UTC 2008

On 27/02/2008, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:

>  The only thing I can think of at this point is to reinstall myth from
> scratch. While I believe that the capture card part of mythconverg has been
> corrupted in some way, all recording and scheduled recording information
> seems intact. Since I have about 800GB of recordings in /opt/store I would
> like to preserve its mythconverg data and the scheduled recording
> mythconverg data in a new myth installation.

Please trim your posts :)

Before going down the full re-installation route, carry out the following:

i) detail the steps you followed when adding the dedicated frontend -
this _should_ be the easiest addition to an existing MythTV setup. If
you start up mythfrontend on the new machine in a terminal, are there
any obvious errors?

ii) check your MythTV database to make sure it is healthy

iii) in mythtv-setup, choose the 'Delete All Capture Cards' (*) option
on the Capture Cards page, and re-add your cards for each backend
machine

iv) in mythtv-setup, choose the 'Delete All Video Sources' (*) option
on the Video Sources page, and re-define your video sources on the
master backend

v) in mythtv-setup, re-attach your video sources to capture card
inputs using the Input Connections page for each backend machine

vi) on the new frontend, check your ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt file (if using
it) and make sure the settings are correct for the database

vii) as Mike asked, are all of your machines running the same version of MythTV?

* If there are any bad data in the DB tables for these items, choosing
the Delete All option will forcibly empty the relevant tables in the
database.

--

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: