[mythtv-users] any way to load cutlist while still flagging?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 23 21:14:47 UTC 2008

On 02/23/2008 11:38 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> Now that I think about it a little further, I'm not comfortable with
> the way it works.
>
> I much prefer to use the cutlist,

You should use the flaglist, unless you're explicitly marking the
sections you want to, er, cut from the video when you transcode.

>  because I like that ability to
> quickly skip past the upcoming previews by hitting skip ahead.

SKIPCOMMERCIAL (Z,End)

> Furthermore, when the commercial detection is off and mistakes part of
> the show for a commercial, I like to turn off the cutlist off so I can
> rewind and watch that part.

SKIPCOMMBACK (Q,Home)

>  However if auto commercial skip is on, it
> will end up still skipping, so I would need to turn off both features.

CYCLECOMMSKIPMODE (need to bind it yourself).  Or, just use:

Automatically Skip Commercials
 - Off
 - Notify, but do not skip
 - Automatically Skip
Automatically skip commercial breaks that have been flagged during
Automatic Commercial Flagging or by the mythcommflag program, or just
notify that a commercial has been detected.

Set to "Notify, but do not skip", then you're in complete control.  Even
the author of the commercial-detection code uses "Notify".

> Essentially, I've got to manage 2 separate features for accomplishing
> the same basic task. I personally find that a bit cumbersome, but I'm
> sure my wife would just be like "huh?". It would be nice to have it
> all work together with just a single button press. Any suggestions for
> how to set this up (short of writing a patch...though that might just
> be the best solution)?

Since you want the ability to go back and watch sections that are
improperly flagged, you do not want to use the cutlist.  Learn to use
the flaglist, and I think you'll find it's quite natural.

Mike