[mythtv-users] OT - Life without MythTV

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 02:41:56 UTC 2008

It's a sad ... sad day.  Today held the final hours of life from my 56" HDTV.

I'm wondering if anyone may have any idea's I could try at taking a
crack at repairing it.  It's an RCA D56W20, about four years old.
When I try to turn on the TV, you hear the sound like its trying to
turn on (I assume it's the lamp), the power LED turns on for a second,
then the LED goes off.  A second later, it comes back on, you hear the
lamp (?) sound again, then the LED goes off.  It does this about three
times, then stops.

I've seen this happen before, about a month ago.  I unplugged the TV
for a few minutes and that fixed it.  Since then, I've been using dpms
to blank the screen without turning off the set.  This afternoon, the
set was turned off and now I can't get it to come back on.

Anyone daring enough to take a stab in the dark?

If not, anyone else have any advice on how to coop with life without
MythTV for a while?  :)