[mythtv-users] Controlling two DCT700 digital cable boxes

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:51:24 UTC 2008

> "The double headed IR Blaster allows you to control two devices from a
> single serial port. The same IR commands are sent out each head of the IR
> blaster so your two devices must have different command sets. If you wish to
> control two idential pieces of equipment you will need to check and see if
> you can configure one of the two devices for an alternate IR command set so
> that they do not interfere with each other. Most dish boxes and some cable
> boxes seem to have the ability to do this. LIRC Setup has a page with mor
> info on the various command sets of dish boxes."
>
>  "some cable boxes"  don't seem to be mine :-(

Have you been able to get into the box' diagnostics or setup mode? I
believe on Motorola STBs, it is Power, Select, Select for diagnostics
and Power, Select, Menu for setup. I may be wrong -- it's been ages
since I've had to do it.

If you can get into these menus (and there definitely is a way to get
into them) you may be able to find a way to assign different IR codes
to each.