[mythtv-users] Controlling two DCT700 digital cable boxes

Douglas Hitchcock clarkaddison at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:08:19 UTC 2008

> Unless your issue is that the blasters are both mirroring each other.
> But even then, I think you just need to setup lircd to manage them as
> separate devices. Unless I'm mistaken, the two blasters are on
> different pins and so can be operated separately by lirc.

yeah, i don't believe that is possible, here's what the FAQ that I wish I
read pre-purchase says:

"The double headed IR Blaster allows you to control two devices from a
single serial port. The same IR commands are sent out each head of the IR
blaster so your two devices must have different command sets. If you wish to
control two idential pieces of equipment you will need to check and see if
you can configure one of the two devices for an alternate IR command set so
that they do not interfere with each other. Most dish boxes and some cable
boxes seem to have the ability to do this. LIRC
Setup<http://www.eggshellskull.com/lirc/multi/index.php>has a page
with mor info on the various command sets of dish boxes."

"some cable boxes"  don't seem to be mine :-(