[mythtv-users] HDHomerun signal strength required

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Feb 21 20:39:47 UTC 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 5:56 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> My HDHomerun should be delivered today so I thought I'd ask another
> question to see what everyone else is doing. I have a good but not
> great omni directional antenna in the attic. Since the HDHomerun has
> two tuners I'll have to split the signal connect both inputs. Has
> this been a problem for anyone? I'm not an electronics engineer but
> I'll basically be splitting the signal strength in half, right?

The only way to know for sure is to try it and see.  It depends
entirely on how much signal strength you have at your location.

Antenna amplifiers can create more problems than they solve (they
amplify unwanted signals as well as the ones you want) so don't run
out and buy one unless you're sure you need it.