[mythtv-users] If I can search for channels, but not find any, does that mean my card is "working"?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Thu Feb 21 10:34:29 UTC 2008

Howdy fellow finnish mythtv user, see below

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Topi Hukkanen <topi.hukkanen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what to do now.  I think my card is working, but I'm not sure.
> Look at the TechnoTrend TT-DVB-T-1500...

I don't know about that one, terratec cinergy 1200-c works

> Maybe I fall under this category?  I live in Finland, so I don't know
> whether to set my myth-tv to eastern or western europe.

it's western.

> Either way, when I search for channels, I only get: "Status: No Lock"
>  And then after the scan, all the error messages say "Timout Scanning - No
> Signal".
>
> So how do I "adjust" channel frequencies afterwards?  I know the
> frequencies, since I can pull them off of my digibox.  But how to get in?
> Or am I doing something else wrong?

I haven't dared to rescan my mythtv channels in years. I tried once
and it didn't quite work, mythtv finds nothing from welho HTV cable. I
even made a bug report at the time, and it got fixed, but nowadays I
hear people not getting channels tuned again. So it might be that it's
still (or again) broken.

What you can do, you can tune one channel manually. Once you find a
channel, you do rescan from existing transports. The scan from
existing transports works, the first time scan for transports seems to
fail. You get frequencies for HTV here:
http://dvb.swelcom.fi/cable.php , I don't know in which network you
are in so you need to find your settings from your provider.

I think last time I retuned, I had to toggle manually the settings for
FEC and QAM values, the automatic ones did not work.

Similar info for the national terrestial broadcast the  is here:
http://www.digitv.fi/sivu.asp?path=1;8224;9519 .

But don't give up, once you get it tuned once to find the transports,
you are safe. I've had my mythtv more or less working for years now.

If you use HTV cable, I can send you the transports table for mythtv,
that would get you going. You will need to set up channel icons and
xmltv fields to get EPG once you are done with tuning. For that there
is a simple script in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/icons/fi_icons_xmltvids

Good luck!