[mythtv-users] If I can search for channels, but not find any, does that mean my card is "working"?

Topi Hukkanen topi.hukkanen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:52:29 UTC 2008

I don't know what to do now.  I think my card is working, but I'm not sure.

Also, if I notice from this link:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_PCI_Cards#TechnoTrend

Look at the TechnoTrend TT-DVB-T-1500...

There's the note that says:

"Gives wrong frequencies when channelscanning in for example xawtv4 and
mythtv for at least one user. As long as the channel frequencies are
adjusted afterwards everything works fine."

Maybe I fall under this category?  I live in Finland, so I don't know
whether to set my myth-tv to eastern or western europe.

Either way, when I search for channels, I only get: "Status: No Lock"
And then after the scan, all the error messages say "Timout Scanning - No
Signal".

So how do I "adjust" channel frequencies afterwards?  I know the
frequencies, since I can pull them off of my digibox.  But how to get in?
Or am I doing something else wrong?