[mythtv-users] Fine tune tvcard though Mythtv?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 19 22:02:52 UTC 2008

On 02/19/2008 01:51 AM, Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:
> Is there any way to finetune the tvcard (picture quality) through
> Mythtv? I have a PVR350 and by default, Hauppage ships this with
> software that can 'finetune' the picture output quality.
>
> Mythtv svn, PVR350, Analog Cable

Are you really talking about "fine-tuning" the picture quality or are
you talking about fine-tuning the tuner (which will result in improving
picture quality in the event that you originally tuned to the wrong
frequency)?  I.e. when you use the Hauppauge software to "finetune", is
it adjusting the frequency to which the tuner is tuned?

If so, just specify either a frequency ID as a frequency in kHz or
specify a "finetune" amount (for the appropriately-named "Finetune
(kHz)" setting) as a number of kHz (positive or negative) to be added to
the frequency specified for the given frequency ID (i.e. channel number)
in the frequency table you're using.

Note, though, that finetune should not be required in most cases.

Mike