[mythtv-users] Fine tune tvcard though Mythtv?

Hsing-Foo Wang hsingfoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:41:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am talking about the picture quality. But then again, I didn't grasp
the meaning of the db table finetune either, but that is due to the
lack of my knowledge of Khz and Frequencies. ;-)
I simply enter the exact frequency into the db table as they are
listed by my cable company. First that didn't give me a picture and I
found out that they are 250 off (+), so I manually added 250 to all
frequencies which gave me the correct channels. Did I had to use the
'finetune' db table for that? (searched the wiki, but couldn't find)

As for picture quality, it all looks a bit 'misty' (not perfectly
sharp) opposed to the pic quality on my tv screen. I saw that the
original Hauppage software can finetune the picture quality, and was
wondering if Mythtv had some sort of 'improve picture quality' stuff
on board.

Thanks,
-HF

As for frequency, I can enter the exact frequency