[mythtv-users] Two really, really annoying plabyack problems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 18 18:43:25 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 10:17 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com
> <mailto:yan at seiner.com>> wrote:
>

>     Can anyone give me some hints on how to fix this?
>

> My first suspect would be the nvidia drivers.  I know that my 5200 can
> play back anything I throw at it while I've heard of many problems on
> list here from people using 6,7, or 8000 series cards which you would
> think would be better.
>
> As for the first, does the effect disappear if you force the scan type
> to Progressive on the menu during playback?  I found that NBC-HD (for
> me) sends mixed frames which Myth rightfully respects but in actually
> are coded wrong resulting in poor playback.  If I lock the frame type
> to progressive (IIRC) then it is fixed.

Interesting...

I looked at the nvidia driver; I was running an ancient 9755 version.  I
upgraded to 169; the screen would go black on any attempt at playback or
livetv.

So I changed to the 100 version; this seems to have fixed both the
jerkiness and the interlacing....

I still get the error messages but visually it's all fixed.

Fingers crossed....

--Yan