[mythtv-users] AM2 Motherboard with PCI slots galore

cal cal at graggrag.com
Fri Feb 15 02:03:06 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:
>>  Since I have 4 capture cards, a serial port card, and an IDE controller
>>  card, I need to have those 6 slots.
>
> Sorry, I can't find you anything like that. The best I can do is 5 slots:
> http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/motherboards_d/ASRock/AM2NF3-VSTA/
> http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/motherboards_d/Jetway/M2GT6-PTD/

Slightly off topic, but I'm moved to comment on the Asrock AM2NF3-VSTA...

  Don't go there!

I bought one as my first venture into mythtv land, and I have not enjoyed
that motherboard. I eventually relegated it to a system I handed over to
my grandkids, and found a better motherboard for my own system.  For me,
the worst failing was ACPI shutdown/wakeup simply does _not_ work, not
matter which way you try. I eventually got nvram-wakeup to work after
about 87 reboots, analysing the nvram dumps, and setting up my own nvram
config. Not fun.

Cheers.