[mythtv-users] Fastest RAID for HD?

J.D. mythtv at demuth.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 14 19:30:51 UTC 2008

Thanks to the compatability of SATA and SAS standards you can have
(almost) enterprise class attached storage as a home enthusiast.
Check out http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sata_enclosures/scsat44xb.asp for an
external enclosure. Make sure to get the bottom option for a cable
connection to the server
(http://www.pc-pitstop.com/sata_enclosures/acc-4xclb.asp).  All you have
to do is connect sata cables to your mainboard or raid card.
Optionally add a raid cage like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994027
Populate with your favorite 4 hds and you have up to a 4TB external
storage solution.

Note that all channels are held separate so you can expect full bandwidth.

btw: this obviously only makes sense when you ran out of space or power
in your server case...