[mythtv-users] Question for Chicago Mythtv ers

Douglas Hitchcock clarkaddison at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 02:00:22 UTC 2008

When Comcast went all digital, I told them to shove it and I went to RCN.
Well, RCN just did the same thing, so my mythtv computer now has zero
channels.

I have a PVR 250 and a 350, and I only a regular def TV so I'm not ready to
go High def yet.  What are people with Analog pvr cards doing in Chicago?  I
mean I know in general my options, IR Blaser, Serial port, Firewire, but I
don't know what options my local Comcast or RCN will actually give me, and
which works best.  So I'm just looking for some Chicago success stories.  I
read the threads talking about when Comcast went digital, but I didn't find
any conclusions as to where these people are at now!

Thanks!