[mythtv-users] Had analog, now added DVB-C

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:20:04 UTC 2008

I had a similar setup mixing DVB-S Canal Digitaal and analog cable.
Apparently you can have one source mapped to multiple DVB or multiple analog
tuners. You cannot map one source to both DVB and analog even though they
offer the same channels.

I setup another source "tvgids.nl-cable" the same way as my tv-gids.nl one
and mapped that one to my analog cable tuner. The configuration file
tvgids.nl-cable.xml is later symlinked to the tvgids.nl.xml file since they
contain the same channels.

The grabber now grabs things twice, which isn't a problem as it's caching
and runs at midnight anyway.

Groeten,

Jelte