[mythtv-users] Pointers for MythTV frontend on Koolu?

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:22:42 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 3:45 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Obviously a PVR can't create MPEG4.

Not to me. I should have explained that I'm a video noob and just set
up the backend by following Jarod Wilson's Fedora HOWTO and stopping
when it worked. MPEG is just a bunch of capital letters to me.

> you'd have to transcode, or use a framegrabber and encode with your main
> CPU.

Well, the backend pretty much sits around doing nothing, so this might
warm up that corner of the basement.

> I'm not sure if Myth (or Linux in general) can take advantage of that
> H/W MPEG decoder, and if it can I don't know if it can deal with MPEG4.

I just have the rather terse clue on the koolu.org site that Steve
pointed out. I'll give it a try and see what happens!

--
Ted Roche