[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Feb 6 22:51:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:01:24PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Now, of course, you can do full-scan HDTV on a laptop.
>
> Yeah, I've been playing with Cinelerra and am absolutely amazed. I love
> their claim "more performance than you ever expected from a web server".

Has Cinelerra progressed to the point that it's actually installable by
mere mortals now?

> > Probably.  If someone can convince Tek that this patent will impact
> > Profile sales, it will go away.
> >
> > Anyone know anybody at Tek?
>
> Mostly salesmen and technical instructors. I wonder if Boskhar Pant is
> still there? I'll look into it.

Do please.  I've lost all the contacts I had from the early 90s myself;
I used to know the founder of Prime Image, at least at secnod hand.

> NBC is a major ProFile user (The Genesis system is based on them, using
> EMC servers for data storage). They have close to 200 ProFiles on the
> second floor of 30 Rock.
>
> TiVo might be willing to take on DISH, but going up against Tek or EMC
> would be suicide.

This is my thinking, yes.  My approach would just be to mali a copy to
their legal department, with a cover note about why I think
$THEIR_MAJOR_PRODUCT violates it, and watch the fun.  Anyone think of
any reason that's a bad idea?

Cheers,
-- jr 'yeah, I know: they're *lawyers*' a

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)