[mythtv-users] KWorld ATSC-115 problems -- can't change channel, no sound

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 17:11:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:50 AM, David Lonie <loniedavid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've not had any luck with the digital bit using the firmware
> downloaded from the kernel -- dvbsnoop identifies the frontend
> correctly, but mythtv won't. I'm not too concerned about the digital
> right now -- I'm not even sure if my company is transmitting it yet.
> Is the firmware easy to find on the CD? Or did you have to install it
> in windows and copy it over?
>
> Dave

I also only use the card for digital.

I know this card is software encoding and i believe there is a sound
cable that needs to run from your capture card to the sound card.
Then sound is acquired via line in on your MB.

If you want to do analog I would suggest buying a PVR-150.  You will
have much higher quality video and no load on the CPU plus REALLY
simple installation.  you cannot buy them from stores anymore as they
have been discontinued (Hauppauge got crap from the FCC) buy you
should be able to get one cheap on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hauppauge-Win-TV-PVR-150-TV-Tuner-Capure-Card_W0QQitemZ260338164375QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for example

--
Mitchell