[mythtv-users] streamzap remote veerryy ssllooww

John Andrunas john at andrunas.net
Sat Dec 27 17:31:03 UTC 2008

It certainly is not something inherent in the interface.  If you are
referring to slowness in the guide it is almost always caused by channel
icons missing, I gave up on channel icons in the guide personally since it
would frequently caus this problem.  If you are talking about in the main
menu then I have no idea.  Is it more responsive if you use the keyboard to
navigate or do you have the same problem.  The only thing that I could think
of would be the theme painter, I could see OpenGL causing problems if the
driver was the wrong one.  Try  running from the command line with -v osd or
important or all if you get nothing from the other options.

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Greg Bryant <greg at bryantrecording.com>wrote:

> I've just started playing with MythTV, so I don't know if this is
> expected behavior or not, but when I am at a menu, and do an arrow up or
> down or select (ok) with the Streamzap PC Remote, it's a full second
> between key press and action.  If I hit it three times down rapidly, it
> sits there for a second, then the cursor bounces down three entries, so
> it's not losing key hits, and it's not a matter of processing each hit
> slowly.  While a video is actually playing, stop/pause/play are all as
> fast as needed, but the menus are really bad.  Is this a config thing,
> or inherent in the interface?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

John