[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu becomes non-responsive after inactivity

Bill White raygions at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 15:42:27 UTC 2008

After about 20-30 minutes of inactivity, my installation of Mythbuntu (1 week old) turns off monitor output and becomes apparently non-responsive to input from the mouse, keyboard or remote.  I say apparently, because switching consoles (e.g. alt-ctrl-F5) then back to alt-ctrl-F7 will recover functionality.

I discovered this, as well as a possible solution, on Tuesday while researching the problem, but have managed to lose the bookmark, and am as-of-yet unable to reproduce my steps in finding it.  I remember that the potential fix was a change to xorg.conf, and that the attribute being set was a boolean.

Can anyone help?