[mythtv-users] Out of Area Schedule? (or overriding schedulesdirect)

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Dec 24 16:09:42 UTC 2008

>  On Tuesday 23 December 2008 Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2008 17:45:13 Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>> There is a series I want to record, but the local station doesn't list
>> title/episode info with TMS, just a generic. I found an out of area
>> station that does list the title/episode info and is in sync with the
>> local station except they play it 3 hours later.
>>
>> If not for the 3 hours I could just edit the xmltvid in the channel
>> entry substituting the out of area schedule.
>>
>> Any idea of how to get around the 3 hours, or do this a different way.
>>
>> (Schedulesdirect has not been able to get TMS to supply title/episode
>> info for the local stations showing).
>
> Is this a network show or syndicated, or maybe even (rare) locally-produced?
>
> If it's syndicated, I would try and contact the syndicator and complain that
> episode information is not available to you.
>
> Stations will listen to networks and syndicators more than a *mere* viewer.

Its an old series that RTN (the Retro Network) carries. I've written to
RTN, the local station, and schedulesdirect all with no luck.

I've already manually fixed up one already recorded "generic" episode by
hand editing the mysql database with info from the xml I grabbed from
the out of area listing for that episode.

However, there are 100 episodes, and RTN plays them over and over so I
need some automation.

Are there any tools for supplementing/overriding info from
schedulesdirect with other xml?