[mythtv-users] NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 14:56:19 UTC 2008

> New drivers are available:
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.16

I tried this driver with r19298 and got no video for mpeg streams (all
that I tried, including mpeg2 from a PVR-150 and 720p and 1080i mpeg
from an hd homerun)

Once I rolled back to 180.11, things seemed to work just fine.

Can anyone tell me if I need to try a new version of trunk or even
just recompile what I've got after a driver change?

I noticed other reports in the wiki (here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/VDPAU) that suggest that others
have been able to upgrade the driver and have it work.

- AZ