[mythtv-users] NVIDIA 180.16 Beta Linux Driver

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Dec 15 16:08:37 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> New drivers are available:
>>
>> ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.16

I used pkg1, according to the read me file:

Chapter 3. Selecting and Downloading the NVIDIA Packages for Your System

NVIDIA drivers can be downloaded from the NVIDIA website
(http://www.nvidia.com).

The NVIDIA driver follows a Unified Architecture Model in which a single
graphics driver is used for all supported NVIDIA GPU products (see Appendix A
for a list of supported GPUs). The burden of selecting the correct driver is
removed from the user, and the graphics driver is downloaded as a single file
named

     'NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.16-pkg1.run'

The package suffix ('-pkg#') is used to distinguish between packages
containing the same driver, but with different precompiled kernel interfaces.
The file with the highest package number is suitable for most installations.

Support for "legacy" GPUs has been removed from the unified driver. These
legacy GPUs will continue to be maintained through special legacy GPU driver
releases. See Appendix A for a list of legacy GPUs.

The downloaded file is a self-extracting installer, and you may place it
anywhere on your system.

--

Ben Franklin quote: