[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:42:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Andy Zobro <ajzobro at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been trying to get the ATI Remote Wonder Plus to work under
> Ubuntu 8.10, with the stock 2.6.27 kernel.  I found, in the MytTV
> wiki, a page that described what to do for the 2.6.24 kernel and
> attempted to apply the same patch to the 2.6.27 kernel.  I ended up
> having to do it by hand (so I may have not done it right).

I've got it working for 8.04, but I haven't upgraded to 8.10 yet, haven't
seen any benefit yet.  I've just been manually patching the code when I
update the kernel since like 2.6.18.   So when I upgrade, I'll do a look at
the differences between 2.6.24 and 2.6.27 to ati_remote.c and apply the
differences to my version that currently works under 2.6.24.  There
shouldn't be that man changes.  But then again, I never bothered to use lirc
with the remote, I just use it as a keyboard.

But from the patches I've seen and done, you wouldn't be able to have
something that would be rolled into the kernel that would work out of the
box.  I would think you would have to pass an option on to the module to
tell it to run the init sequences for the "plus" remote since it is the same
receiver, but different init sequences depending on the remote being used.