[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

Andy Zobro ajzobro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:42:21 UTC 2008

I've been trying to get the ATI Remote Wonder Plus to work under
Ubuntu 8.10, with the stock 2.6.27 kernel.  I found, in the MytTV
wiki, a page that described what to do for the 2.6.24 kernel and
attempted to apply the same patch to the 2.6.27 kernel.  I ended up
having to do it by hand (so I may have not done it right).

The page ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Remote_Wonder_Plus
) suggests that sometime in 2008 the patch should be applied to the
kernel.  Seeing as 2008 is about to end, can anyone tell me if the
patch has made it into the kernel source yet?  What about lirc?

Before you tell me to RT[F]M, please consider that there is very
little up to date information about this specific remote.  I noticed
that the orignal author of the wiki page had actually edited the code
(his names in the patch code).  If you're out there, Gregfleury,
please let me know if there is an up to date patch available for lirc
and the kernel.

Does anyone else on this list have this remote?  Did you get it to
work?  Can you provide details (and perhaps some help)?

- AZ