[mythtv-users] Database update schema error with trunk utf8

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 04:45:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> OK, I don't know what -latin1 use flag means, but it seems that a mysql
> server compiled with it still has support for latin1 charset.
>
> So, I'm back to having no idea why the conversion failed for on your system.

Well it looks like you are right about what the use flag should do:
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
"latin1 	Use LATIN1 encoding instead of UTF8"

Maybe (hopefully) my system is just some weird fluke, but let me know
if there is anything else you want me to check.