[mythtv-users] Working with DVD ISO images

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 22:20:01 UTC 2008

> You know I think mythburn is included (isn't it now called mytharchive?).
> Assuming mythburn = mytharchive,
These are not the same thing. Mythburn was a web based addon to
mythweb. Mytharchive is a frontend only program.

>I don't understand the step or the logic
> needed to burn an image file.
Mytharchive does not rip or want to just burn iso files directly. I
mean it will burn whatever iso you have named mythburn.iso in your
mytharchive folder but this was not intended as a way to burn isos.
The main purpose of mytharchive is to archive recorded content to
dvds.

> I do understand the steps to take
> individual videos, archive them onto a DVD with simple DVD menus.  What I
> don't understand is the steps needed for an ISO image.

Rip the dvd to get it in your videos folder. Then I believe you can
archive this to a dvd by selecting the video as a source. You do not
want native archive.

John