[mythtv-users] Working with DVD ISO images

kenneth at berrypatch.net kenneth at berrypatch.net
Tue Dec 16 21:37:54 UTC 2008

>>> If you are just looking for a way to burn your iso to a disk us
>>> gnome-baker or brasero..

>> The suggestions of this message (gnome-baker, brasero, etc) and growifos
>> from another part of the thread are good suggestions.
>>
>> But, what I really what to know is there a way to use the knoppmyth
>> distro
>> to rip an DVD to an ISO, turn around and burn it to a new DVD for
>> archive
>> purposes (with out using CLI, or other Linux utilities)?
>>
>> Kenneth Berry
>>

> I have never done it (because Gnome-baker is so easy) but i think
> mythburn will and it should be included with your distro..If not it can
> be added pretty easy..

You know I think mythburn is included (isn't it now called mytharchive?).
Assuming mythburn = mytharchive, I don't understand the step or the logic
needed to burn an image file.  I do understand the steps to take
individual videos, archive them onto a DVD with simple DVD menus.  What I
don't understand is the steps needed for an ISO image.

Kenneth