[mythtv-users] Myth2Ipod Problems: held off as long as I could.

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:04:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> So to start: I am trying to get a recording to export to iPod format (mp4
>> to be exact) using the Myth2iPod script.  And I'm running into SIGNIFICANT
>> problems doing so.
>>
>> First, and foremost, http://myth2ipod.com no longer exists...meaning this
>> entire script can no longer be reproduced since 3/4 of the needed stuff came
>> from that site.  I do still have the tools and utilities and some minor
>> documentation (I kick myself every time I don't store a website like this
>> locally, what's with all these needed and used websites going offline these
>> days anyway?), so I proceeded forward.
>> Conversely should I be "doing away" with the Myth2iPod stuff and doing
>> something differently?  The thing I like most about Myth2Ipod is the fact
>> that it creates a feed useable within iTunes to auto-load this stuff to the
>> iPod.  I know that's probably pretty basic but it's big for me.
>>
>> Doug,
>
> Seeing as how you are using Ubuntu - have you tried mythexport?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythExport  You can install it using
> apt.  I tried to use myth2ipod, but never did too well with it.  Mythexport
> works very well for me - and creates iTunes feeds.

There seem to be several alternatives out there.  I very much will look at
the MythExport script you mention and will probably move to it given the
troubles I'm having and the fact that myth2ipod seems to have died a small
death.

That said, I WOULD like to see if I can get Myth2iPod back functioning
again, even if I don't use it it's something I can do for the community at
large...I know I'm not the only one using this thing.

--Doug